Directions and Maps
Once on Vancouver Island, the drive to the north end is along both inland and coastal sections of well-maintained paved highways. One should have their camera close at hand as majestic vistas and wildlife encounters are frequent. There are also several interpretive rest stops and washroom facilities along the route.
Port Alice Street Map
Getting to Vancouver Island
BC Ferries: Take a ferry from the lower mainland of Greater Vancouver area to either Victoria or Nanaimo where your leisurely 7-hour drive from Victoria or 5 hours from Nanaimo will begin. Or, take the overnight ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy – a truly majestic experience! Visit BC Ferries for more information.
Flights: A variety of carriers offer regularly scheduled flight services to Vancouver Island.
- Pacific Coastal Airlines flies from Calgary, Vancouver, Comox or Campbell River into Port Hardy.
- Air Canada flies into Campbell River, Nanaimo and Victoria.
- Westjet flies into Comox and Victoria.
Car Rentals: All airports have car rental services on-site.
- AHOY BC
- Air Canada
- Alice Lake Loop Tour Map
- Drive BC Road Reports
- Map No. 1 – Plan Boundary (PDF)
- Map No. 2 – Land Use Designations (PDF)
- Map No. 3 – Development Approval and Permit Area Information (PDF)
- Map No. 4 – Infrastructure and Community Services (PDF)
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Vancouver Island North: Getting Here
Village of Port Alice
1061 Marine Drive
Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0
Vancouver Island, Canada