The Village of Port Alice is seeking a motivated and energetic person to work as an Economic Development Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the EDO will provide economic planning, marketing and promotion, project management, relationship building, and business retention and expansion activities. The EDO is engaged by the Village to develop and define strategies focusing on sustainable growth matched to opportunities specific to the needs of healthy rural and remote communities. The EDO is responsible for coordinating, implementing and promoting a range of special projects.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week for a one-year term.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Economic Development, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or Urban Planning and three or more years of experience in economic development, project management, marketing or urban planning; or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Community Economic Development theory and of economic development and planning principles within a local government context.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and deadlines simultaneously and to balance changing workloads and priorities.
- Excellent relationship building skills, able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, elected members, businesses and communities.
- Community engagement experience.
- Possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver License.
- Strong social media and communication skills are an asset.
This CUPE position has a rate of pay of $25.00/hr. plus 11.08% for vacation pay and payment in lieu of benefits.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume on or before
July 30, 2021, at 4:00 pm to:
Bonnie Danyk CAO / CFO
PO Box 130
1061 Marine Drive
Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0
Phone 250 284-3391
Fax 250 284-3416
Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax or email. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.