Roads & Streets
The Village of Port Alice maintains approximately 14 kilometres of roads. The Village annually allocates a maintenance budget for either road re-surfacing roads and/or drainage improvements. The Village also maintains an extensive system of sidewalks, as well as the popular Sea Walk.
Rumble Beach Marina
Rumble Beach Marina in Port Alice, provides access to prime fishing and recreation areas on the wild west coast, such as Side Bay, Gooding Cove, and Winter Harbour.
- 12-20 slips
- Potable water
- Garbage disposal
- Fish cleaning station.
- No power.
Walking distance from the marina, the Village of Port Alice offers overnight accommodations, RV sites, laundry facilities, a golf course, an ice rink, grocery store, gas station, bank, a liquor store, RCMP and a medical clinic.
Parking & Launch Fees
$10 per day or $60 for an annual pass
Moorage Fees: $1.00 per foot (LOA) per day or $12.50 per foot (LOA) per month
- Moorage is on a first-come basis, no reservations
- Launch and Parking fees are not included in the Moorage fee.
Pay your parking fees in the marina drop box located at the foot of the dock or with the Marina Manager (7:00 am to 9:00 pm – May to October) at (250) 209-2665 or pay at the Village Office.
Rumble Beach Marina and Parking Policies
Please place your numbered Rumble Beach Marina Parking & Boat Launch Pass on the inside of the driver’s side window or on the dashboard.
Your Parking & Boat Launch Pass ($60 annual fee) enables you to:
- Park one vehicle registered by license plate at the Port Alice Village Office, in the Marina parking lot or overflow parking area across Marine Drive.
- Launch the boat as registered at the Village Office
- Park one boat trailer as registered on a day to day basis, no trailer storage is permitted. Parking/Launch Passes may not be used in another vehicle that is not in the same household and registered with the Village. A second pass within the same household is available for $5 – with a license plate registered with the Village Office.
- Fishing is permitted on the dock, with a valid fishing license.
- Fish Cleaning Station is located on the dock for your use.
- No fish waste or kitchen waste in the marina garbage bins, please.
- Crab/Prawn Traps are not allowed in the marina area.
- Lifejackets are available to borrow for free at the marina, courtesy of the Port Alice Marine Rescue Society.
- No Swimming, Scuba Diving or Snorkeling near the marina docks.
- No Caulk Boots on the dock, please.
- Max 5 kph around the marina. No wake.
- Use of the Rumble Beach Marina facilities is at your own risk.
- The Village of Port Alice is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury.
- The Village does not assume care or control of any boat at the Rumble Beach Marina.
- Marina Manager: (250) 209-2665 between May to October
- Municipal Office: (250) 284-3391
- Marine Fuel: (250) 284-3530 for Port Alice Petroleum
- Yacht Club: (250) 284-6266 for Sean Watson
- Marine Search and Rescue: (250) 284-3922 for Non-emergency or CH 16 for Emergency VHF / (800) 567-5111
Sewer System & Waste Water Treatment Plant
Port Alice has a municipal sewer system that picks up domestic sewage, waste water or municipal liquid waste originating from residents and the business community.
The Village of Port Alice public water system is served by 3 wells from which water is pumped to either of the Village’s two surface reservoir tanks. The Village’s water is not chemically treated and is tested weekly by the Vancouver Island Health Authority.