Village of Port Alice
Request for Proposal
2022 Marina Manager Services
The Village of Port Alice invites expressions of interest for the provision of Marina Manager services at the Rumble Beach Marina (the Marina).
The Term of the Agreement will be from June 15, 2022, until September 15, 2022. This is a contract position.
The Services to be provided are as follows:
- To perform a minimum of twice daily boat counts, and vehicle counts.
- To collect all moorage, boat launch and parking fees owing, including daily and monthly accounts in accordance of Village of Port Alice Bylaw Fees & Charges regulations.
- To submit all moorage, parking fees, shower and laundry revenue collected to the Village Office a minimum of once a week, in a format specified by the Village.
- To respond to telephone calls from boaters seeking information or moorage (cell phone to be provided).
- To provide information and instruction to all users of the Marina facilities concerning moorage and Marina Regulations.
- To ensure that all Marina Regulations are followed within the Village of Port Alice Marina facility in accordance with Village of Port Alice Marina Bylaw No. 643, 2017. The Marina Manager will be required to document any violation of the Bylaw and promptly report those violations to the Village Office.
- To advise the Village Office of any damage or deficiency within the Marina facilities.
- The Marina Manager is not to assume care and control of any vessel in the Marina.
- To collect statistical information of Marina users daily, on a form provided by the Village.
- To clean washrooms and laundry room in Marina Building as required.
The Marina Manager shall have his/her own transportation, including a cash float for making change. The Village will provide supplies for the rendering of the Marina Manager services, including a cell phone, receipt book, notebook, identification vest and identification decals (for vehicle). The Marina Manager must provide his/her own back-up so that the services are provided seven days per week during the term of the contract.
Interested parties are invited to submit a proposal citing their relevant qualifications, including a monthly cost for performing the services for this contract position. Preference may be given to proponents who can demonstrate knowledge of marina operations and marina management duties.
Please forward proposals by 4:00 pm May 20, 2022
with the words “2022 Marina Manager Services Proposal”
marked clearly on the envelope to:
Bonnie Danyk, CAO\CFO
By Mail: Box 130, Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0 or
Deliver by hand: 1061 Marine Drive
The Village of Port Alice reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to accept any proposals it considers advantageous. The lowest or any proposal may not necessarily be accepted.