Request for Proposals
2023 Gardening Services Contract
The Village of Port Alice is requesting proposals for the provision of Gardening Services for the following public garden areas:
- Gardens at the Village Office
- Gardens at the Welcome to Port Alice sign area
- All public planters, including those on Marine Drive, on Nigei Street, at the Community Centre, and at the Sea Walk parking pullout
The Term of the Agreement will be from May 15, 2023, to September 30, 2023, with an option to extend the contract if conditions require it. Services to be provided:
- Perform all general garden maintenance, including pruning, weeding, watering, deadheading, dividing perennials and removing dead plant material as required;
- Purchase all necessary plant material within a budget provided by the Village; please include an hourly rate as this will need to be done outside the Term of Agreement period.
- Purchase and apply any necessary fertilizer or soil amendments within a budget provided by the Village;
- Maintain edges, prepare, plant, weed, water and maintain beds of flowers and shrubs at the Municipal Hall;
- Prepare, plant, weed, water, and maintain all public planters; and
- Trim and shape shrubs as The gardener shall have his/her own equipment and supplies for the rendering of gardening services, including watering, as required.
Please forward proposals by 4:00 pm February 10th, 2023
with the words “2023 Municipal Gardening Services Proposal”
marked clearly on the envelope to:Bonnie Danyk, Chief Administrative Officer
By Mail: Box 130, Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0 or
Deliver by hand: 1061 Marine Drive
The Village of Port Alice reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to accept any proposals it considers advantageous. The lowest or any proposal may not necessarily be accepted.