The Port Alice Community Centre offers a variety of activities, programs, and special events. Yoga, Time Out – For Parents, Floor Hockey, and Open Gym are only a few of the weekly options available to the entire community. This great facility offers a full-size gym, boardroom, several meeting rooms, a semi-commercial kitchen, and a computer room. Outside, a tennis court rounds out this public facility. The Community Centre also contains the Vancouver Island Regional Library-Port Alice branch and the Port Alice Lions Club.
The facility is fully accessible and available for public and private functions. Please fill out the Recreation Room Booking Form to book your event.
Hours of Operation
Monday – 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Tuesday to Friday – 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Sunday – Closed
Activities for all ages!
Programs are offered each week at the Community Centre.
Tots (0 – 5 years)
- Tots Open Gym: This parent-supervised time gives parents and toddlers a chance to let loose in the gym! Toys and equipment are provided.
Kids (6 – 12 years)
- Arts & Activities: Crafts and exercise for kids and teens.
- Girls Club: Girls only! Games, crafts and snack provided.
- Boys Club: Boys only! Sports, activities and snack provided.
Teens (13 – 18 years)
- Open Gym: Offered to youth 12 years and older. All equipment is provided, and all youth are welcome.
- Drop-in: The gym and computer room are open to all teens for sports, gaming, foosball, air hockey and movie nights!
Adults and Seniors (19+ years)
- Yoga: Yoga is offered Mondays & Wednesdays in the Community Centre Boardroom from 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm. Instructor Lee-Ann Watson teaches both newcomers and longtime Yoga students. This is a FREE program and is open to everyone!
- Pickleball: Drop in with Equipment provided
- Volleyball: Drop in with Equipment provided (Spring/Summer).
- Coffee Time: Monday to Saturday, bring a friend down to enjoy a visit, a walk around the gym, or some computer time.
- Walking or Tai Chi: The gym and boardroom have been measured for distance so we can help you track your walking! If you are looking for a place to practice your Tai Chi out of the rain the Community Centre offers two great spaces (no instruction is given).
- Open Gym: Offered a few times a week and gives youth a chance to take part in floor hockey, basketball, badminton, volleyball, and other fun activities.
- Computer Room: Computers and internet available for use (Printing charges apply).
- Special Events: Range from Halloween Howl, Community Christmas Dinner, Christmas Craft Fair, and so much more! Community Volunteers and Village staff are responsible for creating exciting, fun-filled activities for all groups and abilities.