The Village of Port Alice is seeking a Casual On-Call Janitor to work in the Community Centre. The janitor performs all necessary janitorial duties in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the Community Centre and in the weight room at the Seaview Activity Centre.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in janitorial care and maintenance of building.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Be able to deal tactfully, respectfully, and effectively with other staff, management, elected officials and the general public.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Follow safe work practices and follow the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work alone, and without direct supervision
This CUPE position has a rate of pay of $23.92/hr plus 11.08% for vacation pay and payment in lieu of benefits.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume on or before
March 24, 2023, at 4:00 pm to:
Bonnie Danyk CAO / CFO
PO Box 130
1061 Marine Drive
Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0
Phone 250 284-3391
Fax 250 284-3416
Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax or email. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Notice posting date: March 13, 2023