The Village of Port Alice is looking for a casual\on-call Administrative Clerk. The job involves general clerical and reception duties, day to day financial functions, accounts payable & receivable. The Administrative Clerk will also assist the CAO with other tasks as assigned and handle documents of a confidential nature.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Be able to deal tactfully, respectfully, and effectively with other staff, management, elected officials and the general public.
- Be able to deal with matters in a confidential manner and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Willingness to learn new computer skills and new methods of carrying out work when/if they are introduced.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant municipal experience and/or
knowledge of the MAIS computer operating system.
This position is included in the CUPE Local 401 Bargaining Unit. The rate of pay for this position is $ 21.10 plus 11.08% in lieu of benefits.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume on or before July 16, 2021 at 4:00pm to:
Bonnie Danyk, CAO
PO Box 130
1061 Marine Drive
Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0
Phone 250 284-3391
Fax 250 284-3416
Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax or email. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received on time.